Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fellow Authors

With all the progress being made on my book, I have to admit it's an odd feeling thinking of myself as a published author, but I'm getting used to it more now.  It's like I've been invited to join this secret world that I knew existed, but like the cool kids at lunch, I never felt I'd fit in.  Now that my foot's in the door, I love talking about my book, making friends with fellow authors on twitter and facebook, and reading up on their adventures as they make their way through the publishing world. 

Before, when I would tell people I was writing a book I'd get the look.  You know, the one that says, "Yeah, right.  Good luck with that."  After getting that a few times too many, I stopped telling people.  If I'm being totally honest, it almost drove me to prove that I could finish.  So I suppose I owe them for "the look." 

Now, after signing my contract with Inkspell, it's amazing the response I get.  People actually want to know what the book is about. My favorite question is, "How long did it take you to write it?"  When I answer three years, I get the "whoas" and "wows". Much better than "the look." 

So to my fellow authors out there, thanks for welcoming me in with open arms.  I hope to meet each and every one of you one day and read all of your books!  Thank you for your support and enthusiasm as my journey begins. 

Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment